Monday, June 18, 2007

Sir Paul's 65th

Finally, Paul McCartney's old enough to collect Social Security. Which I'm sure not even an expensive divorce has rendered necessary, but it must be nice to have that to fall back on...

As you can imagine, there are hundreds of thousands of clips I could put here, but I went with something simple - a video to the Wings song "Heart of the Country." Basically, if "Rocky Raccoon" was a little more candy-ass, it would sound like this.

But I've got to say, I like it - that wordless scat break, flawlessly mirrored by the acoustic, gets me every time. And it's nice to see him romping with Linda, the punchline for the incredibly cruel riddle "What do you call a dog with wings?", and feel the cozy domestic love.



By the way, he's not the only genius bass player to be born in June '42, as we will soon see...

No comments: