Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Siskel vs. Ebert

With Roger Ebert in serious but stable condition following complications from surgery, I thought I should post these clips while he's still around to enjoy them.

When I was a kid, my siblings and I used to watch Siskel & Ebert At The Movies (and, to a lesser extent, Jeffrey Lyons & Neal Gabler on Sneak Previews) and get all excited whenever they'd disagree. They wouldn't just say "you're wrong" - they'd say "you're wrong and you're (fat)(bald)." It was always a little bit of a disappointment that they'd only go so far.

Well, in outtakes, they went further. (This seems like a good place to warn you about playing this at the workplace on account of the language.)

If you were to watch just the first part of this 1987 clip, you'd guess these guys really, really didn't like each other. But as we all know, nothing brings people together like a common enemy, so watch and be inspired as the bitter rivals unite to fight the dreaded... Protestants.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great clips, Julie watched them with me and thought they were very funny as well. Although I detect a certain anti-Protestant bias in your choices, you Papist you.