Wednesday, July 12, 2006

"I'm your conscience."

Let's say you're Jamie Foxx and you're MCing a roast for Emmitt Smith of the Dallas Cowboys. The comedian at the podium is thoroughly mediocre, and you need to get him to stand down so you can keep things moving. Do you:

(a) stand up, clapping and fake-laughing, and say, "Real funny stuff! Let's hear it!"
(b) heckle him within an inch of his life.

I'd probably go with (a). Jamie chooses (b); that's why he makes the big bucks. And the only thing that keeps this from being mean is the fact that Jamie is so funny. If you don't have time for the mediocrity, skip ahead to the 3:20 mark.

(Lots of R-rated language - you have been warned.)



NOTE: For all those who wanted to make anonymous responses, now you can! I've changed the settings so you can say whatever you'd like. Go nuts...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patrick, this is your conscience speaking. I find your blog to be pedestrian at best. Don't quit your day job anytime soon.

Jim (I mean anoymous. Dammit, how do you delete this?)

Squelch said...

Wow.

Anonymous said...

Well, there's fucking with someone, and then there's ruining someone's career. The latter means your are fucking with my livelihood. THAT SHIT WAS FUNNY AS A MOTHERFUCKER!!! HOWEVER, if that was me and I was fortunate enough to have the thought come in my mind (instead of being a deer in headlights) I would have cursed Jamie the fuck out! THAT POOR DUDE CAN NO LONGER DO COMEDY AGAIN! For the rest of his life, people will come to his shows and shout, "I'm your conscience." Maybe he should get together a perfect disguise, get some juicy gossip on Jamie from reliable sources, practice heckling with someone who knows how to "comeback" really well, and destroy Jamie at one of his shows. Jamie ought to be ashamed of himself anyway. How could you be in a movie about RAY CHARLES, emerse yourself in the man and his amazing music, and then turn around and make the CRAPPY-ASS R&B that Jamie is making??? Get'im Doug!!!