Wednesday, January 09, 2008

MeTube gets graphic

One of my hidden pleasures - so hidden I'm barely aware of it myself - is graphic design. I can't draw to save my life, but I'm very handy at making collages. I've got thousands of novels and short story collections, but one of my all time faves is Alan Fletcher's The Art of Looking Sideways. If you want to know what the sixties were about, you could do a lot worse than look at the covers George Lois designed for Esquire. So here are some graphic works I'm enamored of at this very moment.

First, there's this campaign for the most recent Douglas Coupland book, The Gum Thief. I'm on the fence about my feelings toward Coupland as a writer, but these three clips make me want to read the book desperately.





Now, you know how there was a documentary about the Helvetica font last year?



Well, it's not the movie font of choice - that would be Trajan.



May I suggest more usage of the Burn Out font?

No comments: