Saturday, August 18, 2007

I'm a Marvel... and I'm a DC.

Post number 400. Yay!

What I'm about to type isn't going to be news to a number of you, I'm sure, but I really want to take a moment to give what the kids these days call "props" to ItsJustSomeRandomGuy. In the past six months he's put up a dozen and a half or so homemade videos with our favorite comic stars mingling, and his writing and vocal talents, not to mention his ability to pose action figures, has won him a huge following.

It started simply enough, with parodies of the Mac/PC commercials, with Spidey helpfully pointing out to Supey all the ways Marvel was better than DC.



Then Batman got involved, and RandomGuy's girlfriend let him use her Barbie furniture.



More and more characters showed up...



...and now there's a genuine serial going on. I recommend watching the lot; it won't take much more than a half hour, and you don't have to know your comics inside and out to appreciate what he's doing. And appreciate it you will.

2 comments:

Jason Soto said...

Hey, I noticed that no one's been leaving you comments so I thought I'd drop one off and say that I really dig your little blog thingy here. I check it every night and usually dig the videos you post. I know what it's like to work hard on something and not get any type of feedback.

And I throughly enjoy the Marvel/D.C videos, they crack me up. For something similar, and a little raunchy, check out the GI Joe Saga:
http://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoeShow

Keep up the good work!
-Jason

Patrick said...

Hey, thanks, Jason. You're right - sometimes it's tough to drop rock after rock down a well and never hear the splash. But it's like fishing; all you need are a few nibbles to keep you going.

I just started the GI Joe saga, and it's mighty promising - the bologna poncho is brilliant. And you got some good writing in your blogs, too (though you can add me to the list of people who can't believe you've never seen Casablanca).

Anyway, thanks again for the kind words, and I hope to keep making this worth your while...

Patrick