Friday, April 13, 2007

1922-2007

Kurt Vonnegut's passing didn't hit me as hard as it could have - I've only read (and enjoyed) one of his books - but it was still enough to make me say an involuntary "Ohhhh" when I read about it in the news. He was one of those who was always around and seemed like he'd always be around, and we were all the better for that.

Most of the Vonnegut clips on YouTube are a little too longish and dry. But I think I found just the thing.



This is Tommy Emmanuel, Australian guitarist, doing an instrumental rendition of the Billy Joel song "And So It Goes," which was the refrain whenever anyone died in Slaughterhouse Five. The lyrics aren't about death, but about lost love - which accounts for their not being in this post.

On a personal note, I'd like to send this out to Zach in DCish, whose father passed on earlier this week. My thoughts are with you, friend.

No comments: