Sunday, February 04, 2007

Cat Herding

It's Super Bowl Sunday, but with my Patriots out, I could give two hoots about the game, so I'm just going to be watching it for the commercials.

There was a time when you could count on the commercials being better than the game. Nowadays you know there'll be four or five incongruous celebrity appearances and that Budweiser will win the USA Today "best ad" poll, and predictability is never fun. But you still come away from the game with a favorite.

Here's my all-time favorite Super Bowl ad.



Technically, this ad's a failure because I come away from it not knowing anything about the company or what they're selling. Realistically, though, it's genius. I mean, come on - taking a lint roller to your sling? You can't tell me that's not funny.

No comments: