Sunday, August 27, 2006

More Darth Vader

Here's some clips from the Holy Trilogy, with the soundtrack wiped and replaced by the complete Duck Dodgers in the 24th and a Half Century. I can't say it's funnier than the cartoon, but I can admit to smiling a few times.



Now, if you don't have eight-plus minutes to spare, here's something three-quarters of a minute long, with the absolutely inspired title, "Darth Vader being a smartass."



Interestingly, I think this runs contrary to my comment last week, and is actually funnier on the second viewing than the first. Why? Well, I'd suggest it has to do with the timing. It's so well done, you have a greater sense of appreciation for it; the timing becomes a greater joke than the joke itself.

Isn't that interesting? Or do I analyze comedy too much? Oh, well - you can't spell "analyze" without the first four letters.

No comments: