Tuesday, November 13, 2007

There's always room for Jello

One more story about my thesis and then I'll shut up about it. In my introduction I talk about the importance of what if in my stories, how it opens up realms of possibilities. And I quote Jello Biafra, lead vocalist for the Dead Kennedys, talking about the time he ran for mayor of San Francisco in 1979. He was talking about signs he saw on his campaign stop, like "If he doesn't win I'll kill myself." Then he says his favorite sign just said "What if he wins?"

Here's local news coverage of the mayoral candidate cleaning up San Francisco.



And just because I'll take any excuse to show this, here's the DK cover of Elvis's "Viva Las Vegas." This is the aural equivalent of buying a spit, going to Graceland and sticking it into Elvis's coffin so you can know for an absolute fact that he's spinning in his grave.

No comments: