Friday, October 12, 2007

Young Blue Eyes

I can't believe I've had this blog going for well over a year and I haven't featured Frank Sinatra yet. Somebody slap me.

Well, it was worth the wait, on account of I was hoping to run across this short for some time and now I have.



Sinatra came out against anti-Semitism at the end of World War II, singing the at-the-time daring anthem "The House I Live In." This won a special Oscar in 1946.

This goes on for ten minutes. If you don't have the time, here's a three-minute take on "Stardust" from a couple years earlier. You can see why the bobbysoxers went nuts.



And just for fun, here's one minute of Sinatra and Groucho Marx duetting on "It's Only Money" and looking for all the world like they're running through town. Let's see Industrial Light and Magic top this!

No comments: