Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Free your talkbox and your ass will follow



Peter Frampton did more to popularize the talk box than anybody, thanks to his extended use of it on "Show Me The Way" and "Do You Feel Like We Do" on Frampton Comes Alive. (Incidentally, am I the only one who's convinced that he's saying "I want to fuck you" and not "I want to thank you"?)

But for sheer brilliance, nobody can top what Stevie Wonder did with it - and four years before Frampton, no less.




Awesome as those clips are, they're nothing compared to this one,where he jams on "Papa Was a Rolling Stone." Seriously, if you're about to watch this, I hope you've put on yo yo yo yo yo boogie shoes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

And that's at least two post titles with a reference to the Funkadelic CD. How many are you going for?

Patrick said...

You're right - two references in 450-odd posts is kind of pushing it. Next time I'll make it a reference to Cosmic Slop.