Thursday, September 14, 2006

Judy meets a punk

My freshman year at college, I was working on a paper on punk rock in the dorm lounge and had the Sex Pistols on as background noise/inspiration. Another freshman came down the hall and said, "Are those the strains of 'Anarchy in the UK' I hear?" This was Chris, who would go on to be my roommate and one of my best friends, and today is his birthday. This post is dedicated to him.

Back in 1998, vocalist John Lydon, a.k.a. Johnny Rotten, was a defendant on Judge Judy. I'll give away the suspense and tell you that he wins the case - the fun is in his being so unable to suppress himself in the presence of authority, as he himself notes to the camera with that bludgeoning stare of his.



NOTE: Due to me screwing up, any comments that were posted for the past two months or so only got posted last night. So don't think I've been ignoring your kind words; I've just been a touch ignorant of them. Anyway, the sluicegates are open once again - have at it...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Selicious. To quote AC/DC, "Have a drink on me".

Jim Fitz-Gerald