Monday, September 04, 2006

35 Years Ago Today

Talk about serendipity: I ran across this clip just in time to post it on its anniversary. It's a trailer for Black Rodeo, a documentary about a rodeo held in Harlem. And what a soundtrack!




Wait, it gets better - the director, Jeff Kanew, 27 when this was released, went on to edit Ordinary People and direct Revenge of the Nerds.

I'd never heard of this before, but anything that has both "wokka-chicka-wokka-chicka" and Muhammad Ali on a horse has got to be worth the while.

2 comments:

Naomi Goodman said...

Hello, do you have a copy of this movie? Where did you discover it? My mother in law is in this movie, believe it or not!

Patrick said...

I'm afraid I don't have a copy, Naomi - I found it on YouTube back in the day, while looking up grindhouse movies (this was before the Tarantino/Rodriguez movie). I saw the YouTube link didn't work, so I put up a new one that does. It looks like a great movie - I'm jealous of your mother in law for being in it...