Sunday, September 03, 2006

Crazy Rhythms

My first weekend at college, there was a band playing named the Feelies. I had never heard of them, and as I wasn't the outgoing sort to begin with, I chose not to attend. This went on to be one of the five greatest regrets in my life, as they are now one of my favorite bands. The fact that they rarely played live outside of the New Jersey area just adds to the pain.

But now, thanks to YouTube, I can see them live, at the beginning of their careers, just as much as I want to. Here they are circa 1979, playing what would go on to be the title track from what would be their first album.


If you like this and want more, rent the movie Something Wild - they're the band at the high school reunion.

You know, I used to be that thin once...

No comments: