Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The REAL Shining Trailer

Everybody and his mother has seen the parody trailer of The Shining (if you're not everybody or his mother, watch it here), but who among us has seen the real McCoy?



The music (Wendy Carlos, I believe) combines sickly fly buzzing with increasingly tense strings to set a mood like nobody's business. And then...

I've read that Kubrick shot this specifically for the trailer, and it played so well he worked to incorporate it into the film. The MPAA nixed this trailer at first, but Kubrick insisted that this was just rusty water, and they actually bought it.

NOTE: Viacom asked YouTube to take down all their product, meaning no more South Park, Daily Show, or Colbert Report for the forseeable future. That knocks out a good half-dozen clips in this blog and has me worried for its future. Well, I'll just have to do the best I can for as long as I can.

No comments: