Wednesday, November 08, 2006

What do you make?

I'm preparing to apply for a teaching position next year, and the process is interesting - I've got ideas for poetry classes that I never would have guessed I could come up with. (Hope I get the app in on time.)

Here's a great monologue on teaching by Taylor Mali.



He's a teacher and slam poet; his poem "Like Lily Like Wilson" is in The Outlaw Bible of American Poetry. He went to Bowdoin College for his undergrad years, but that's neither here nor there. He's a man who makes teaching look like the noblest endeavor and the greatest thing alive. Three very inspiring minutes here, people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I friggin love this! I am studying to become a teacher and my brother - whom I love very much - laughs at me all the time that I am spending all this money to make virtually none. This is it. This is what every teacher should see and what every student should realize.